Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2: I watch more ads

I discovered something today... There were always more ads for me to watch.  I didn't run out.  There are a few companies that have logos on the ad picker menu.  And a whole bunch of companies that don't.  So the little blocks that say 'Click here to Play your next ad' ... actually will play your next ad.  In my defense, yesterday I clicked on one and it didn't ever do anything.

My little brother is still the only village member I have.  And we still haven't figured out why Varolo won't work on his computer.  I think tonight we'll try him on a different internet browser.

My recruiting efforts thus far entail a single ad on my local craigslist.  Although after I posted the ad I realized that these types of money-making ventures are not allowed.  Which I find amusing, because craigslist is where I heard about Varolo.  I'm looking into some other marketing avenues.  Mostly I want to target people who want to make a few easy bucks.  That's why I'm here.

I would think that a reason a lot of people get disillusioned with Varolo is that people are marketing it as 'Paid to Watch Ads'.  That is not true.  My idea is to set up three completely different marketing plans.  The first will focus on watching ads for prizes and sweepstakes entries.  The second will focus on making money, although I need to figure out how to make it not sound like a pyramid scheme.  (I think the 'no cost ever' thing will help there.)  And the third will combine the two.

I have an idea of where to market Varolo.  About six years ago I was desperate to earn a little bit of extra money and I started doodling around with 'Paid to Surf' and things like that.  I think this would be an appealing opportunity for a lot of those people.  I guess that we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment